EIT Innoenergy has committed a €3 million investment into Berlin-based urban mobility startup ONO, which will receive the funding over the next two years in preparation for a Europe-wide launch that’s set for 2022.
The German company is rolling out its Pedal Assisted Transporter (PAT) Pioneers Edition, an e-cargo bike with a modular design, making it easy to transport various goods (just over 2 cubic metres worth) throughout a city in an emission-free way.
ONO’s co-founder and head of design, Murat Günak, is a former head of design at Mercedes Benz and Volkswagen.
The initial rollout will focus on the CEP (Courier, Express, and Parcel) market, targeting last mile delivery needs and including a pilot with Hermes. For now, the ONO PAT is set to launch this autumn in Berlin, Munich, Leipzig and Langeoog, an island off the northwest coast of Germany.
- Electric motors: 2 x 125 Watt (Heinzmann motors) with speeds of 25 km/h in Europe
- Range: 80 km extended range with optional second swappable 1400 Wh battery
- Cargo volume: over 2m³ volume-load capacity (2100 litres)
- Unit Interior: H: 1.68 m | W: 0.74 m | L: 1.67 m
- Unit Without Wheels: H: 1.75 m | W: 0.80 m | L: 1.70 m
- Unit Including Wheels: H: 1.91 m | W: 0.80 m | L: 1.70 m
- Easy cargo-swapping: Integrated loading ramp
- Vehicle load capacity: 300 kg (Including cargo unit)
- Accessibility: No driving licence required
- Vehicle-as-a-Service: Cost-effective, worry-free and turnkey solution